Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
We're on a low-carb diet, and this is one of our favorite dishes..
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil.
- Add broccoli' cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice water.
- Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, oil and sugar.
- Pour over broccoli; toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for a least 1 hour, stirring several times.
- Just before serving, stir in sunflower kernels.
- 6 servings (3/4 cup each).
- 121 calories, 10 g fat, 0 mg.
- cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.