Recipe by Cooking Mom of 7
This is a recipe that I got off of an email group that I used to belong to. I don't remember the group. This is a wonderful bread and I make it often. I once forgot the sunflower seeds ( yes I actually forgot the sunflower seeds in Sunflower bread....I have 7 children) and it was still good. This makes a great sandwich bread. I suppose you could leave in the bread maker but I always use the dough cycle on my bread and finish it in the oven. I prefer the shape of bread baked in the oven.
Top Review by Crunchy Numbers
Really good. Didn't have any powdered milk but it turned out great without it. Used the KA mixer to prepare dough: disssolved yeast in warm water and then stirred everything together in KA bowl. 4 minutes on speed 2 with dough hook. Took 25 minutes at 350 degrees in my oven. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I plan to make it many times!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (I use raw)
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in bread pan according to manufacturer's suggestion.
- I set in on the dough cycle.
- Place in a sprayed bread loaf pan.
- Cover in let rise again in a dry warm place about 40 minutes or until double.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Slather with butter and enjoy.
- Tastes best with chicken salad!