Recipe by LiisaN
One of my co-workers found this recipe from a local grocery store; when we have potlucks we hope he'll make this salad. It's very easy and very tasty - but you really can't go wrong with bacon and parmesan-now can you? (The cooking time - includes the minimum chill time.)
Top Review by Debbb
Really good! The only parmesan dressing we could find was a roasted red pepper & parmesan - it was good but a little sweet for our tastes. I omitted the green onion as a personal preference.
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked according to directions
- 1 1⁄2 cups bottled parmesan salad dressing, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion, tops included
- 3 tablespoons diced pimentos or 1 small diced red pepper
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions on box, drained.
- Add 1 cup of parmesan dressing, celery, onions, pimento/red pepper to pasta.
- Toss to mix.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Prior to serving, add remaining 1/2 cup dressing, bacon and sunflower seeds.
- Toss to mix and serve.