Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This healthy bread recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens. Enjoy
- 1⁄2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1 1⁄8 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1⁄2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisin
- Pleace oats in shallow baking pan; bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until light brown, cool.
- Add all ingredients to a 1 1/2 or 2- pound bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Slect whole wheat or basic white bread cycle and desired color setting.
Good Breakfast Bread! Thanks, Barb.I reversed the amounts of flours, using more whole wheat and so I added a Tbsp of wheat gluten. Other than that I didn't mess with a good recipe! I just put some margarine on it and have it with my coffee, yum-m-m! Carole in Orlando
Enjoyed this! I reduced the salt to 1/4t with no problems (low sodium diet) and omitted the raisins. I have made a similar recipe but this was is better because it was moister. This goes in the keeper file!
This is an outstanding recipe! I just subbed dried currants for the raisins to accommodate our personal preferences but otherwise made it up as is. The taste is superb. Even the "ewww sunflower seeds" crew liked it. It's a keeper for sure.