Recipe by Barb G.
This healthy bread recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens. Enjoy
Top Review by carole in orlando
Good Breakfast Bread! Thanks, Barb.I reversed the amounts of flours, using more whole wheat and so I added a Tbsp of wheat gluten. Other than that I didn't mess with a good recipe! I just put some margarine on it and have it with my coffee, yum-m-m! Carole in Orlando
- 1⁄2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1 1⁄8 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1⁄2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Pleace oats in shallow baking pan; bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until light brown, cool.
- Add all ingredients to a 1 1/2 or 2- pound bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Slect whole wheat or basic white bread cycle and desired color setting.