Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this on a tag that came with a jar of Sundried Tomatoes (in oil) that I purschased and it makes a lovely tangy dressing with just a taste of the sweet tomatoes. Very simple and just a little differant from so many dressings. I guessed at the serving size at it didn't mention and probably depends on how much dressing you prefer. When I made this, we prefer a tanger (is that a word) dressing so I added 1/4 cup balsamic vinger and we really enjoyed it that way, but I've posted as the orginal recipe was listed.
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredents in blend.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend until creamy.
- Serve over green salad, garden fresh vegitables or other salad of your choice.
I made this to top the salad side for Cacciatore tonight. It was very well received and quite simple to make. Lots of flavor here to liven up mixed greens with some red onion. I have left over dressing that I'm sure won't last long. :D