Prep 6 mins
Cook 5 mins
Smooth and creamy authentic hummus dip with an earthy sundried tomato topping, sprinkled with cayenne and paprika and lastly drizzled with EVOO! So yummy and also healthy!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas or 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon water
- 1⁄4 cup chickpea liquid
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 -2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 -2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil (to garnish)
- low-carb pita chips
- Drain chickpeas and retain the chickpea liquid.
- Rinse the chickpeas (in strainer) with lukewarm water.
- Place all ingredients (accept for chickpea liquid) in food processor and pulse on high 10-15 times or until you can't see garlic pieces anymore.
- Set the food processor on blend (high) and slowly drizzle chickpea liquid. Blend no more than 2 minutes.
- And voilà, yummy creamy hummus! Place your hummus in the bowl of your choice and garnish with cayenne, paprika, parsley and drizzle EVOO!
- Eat right away or I find it better to refrigerate the hummus for about 30 minutes, Enjoy!