Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Smooth and creamy authentic hummus dip with an earthy sundried tomato topping, sprinkled with cayenne and paprika and lastly drizzled with EVOO! So yummy and also healthy!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas or 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 -4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon water
- 1⁄4 cup chickpea liquid
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 -2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 -2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil (to garnish)
- low-carb pita chips
- Drain chickpeas and retain the chickpea liquid.
- Rinse the chickpeas (in strainer) with lukewarm water.
- Place all ingredients (accept for chickpea liquid) in food processor and pulse on high 10-15 times or until you can't see garlic pieces anymore.
- Set the food processor on blend (high) and slowly drizzle chickpea liquid. Blend no more than 2 minutes.
- And voilà, yummy creamy hummus! Place your hummus in the bowl of your choice and garnish with cayenne, paprika, parsley and drizzle EVOO!
- Eat right away or I find it better to refrigerate the hummus for about 30 minutes, Enjoy!