Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
I got this receipe from a friend and tried it and loved it. I had Gnocchi in the past but baking the potatoes and Sundried tomatoes makes this one stand out from any I have tried in the past. It is a must try for anyone can make this you can add your fav Italian seasoning a pinch or 2 if desired
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- pierce potatoes bake until tender 45min- 1 hour depending on size.
- Let stand on conter to cool for 15 min.
- Scoop insides of potatoes out push through a potatoe ricer /or Mash till smooth.
- While mashing potatoes ( Soak sundried tomatoes in Bioling water for 15 - 20 min . Place egg yolk in food processor drain tomatoes and add to egg and mix till smooth .
- Pour tomatoe puree over Potatoes , sprinkle 1 cup of flour over mixture , Using a spatula mix ( it will not look like a dough at this point ) it will resemble biscut like texture , gently squeeze dough and pat dough.
- Do not over work dough.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces , working on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll each piece into a long snake like shape 1/2 -1/4 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 3/4 inch pieces use your finger to make an indentation in the center of the Gnocchi , Place each pice on a lightly floured baking sheet , repeat with remaining dough.
- Put pot of boiling water on , adjust water to a gentle boil add about 1/4 of the Gnocchi at a time when Gnocchi floats to the top remove with slotted spoon ,.
- Return water to a gentle boil between batches.
- transfer to cookie sheet lined with parchmant paper /wax paper.
- cook remaining pasta.