1/6 Photos of Sundried Tomato Gnocchi
1 hr 30 mins
Kimberley Quinlan's Note:
I got this receipe from a friend and tried it and loved it. I had Gnocchi in the past but baking the potatoes and Sundried tomatoes makes this one stand out from any I have tried in the past. It is a must try for anyone can make this you can add your fav Italian seasoning a pinch or 2 if desired
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2pierce potatoes bake until tender 45min- 1 hour depending on size.
- 3Let stand on conter to cool for 15 min.
- 4Scoop insides of potatoes out push through a potatoe ricer /or Mash till smooth.
- 5While mashing potatoes ( Soak sundried tomatoes in Bioling water for 15 - 20 min . Place egg yolk in food processor drain tomatoes and add to egg and mix till smooth .
- 6Pour tomatoe puree over Potatoes , sprinkle 1 cup of flour over mixture , Using a spatula mix ( it will not look like a dough at this point ) it will resemble biscut like texture , gently squeeze dough and pat dough.
- 7Do not over work dough.
- 8Divide dough into 4 equal pieces , working on a lightly floured surface.
- 9Roll each piece into a long snake like shape 1/2 -1/4 inch thick.
- 10Cut the dough into 3/4 inch pieces use your finger to make an indentation in the center of the Gnocchi , Place each pice on a lightly floured baking sheet , repeat with remaining dough.
- 11Put pot of boiling water on , adjust water to a gentle boil add about 1/4 of the Gnocchi at a time when Gnocchi floats to the top remove with slotted spoon ,.
- 12Return water to a gentle boil between batches.
- 13transfer to cookie sheet lined with parchmant paper /wax paper.
- 14cook remaining pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sundried Tomato Gnocchi
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.9
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 749.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 14.4 g