6 hrs 5 mins
This is one of Stephanie O'Dea's slow cooker recipe. Easy and delicious . Good way of using tomatoes that are getting a little mushy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and rinsed, chopped
- 5 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, medium, minced
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained, I use more
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (optional)
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 lb pasta, cooked
- 1Use a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- 2Put tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, garlic and onion in crockpot.
- 3Add the Italian seasoning.
- 4Stir in capers.
- 5Cover and cook for 6-8 hours.
- 6Stir in the frozen peas(if using) 20 minutes before serving.
- 7Toss the sauce with the hot, cooked pasta.
- 8Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sundried Tomato and Caper Pasta Sauce-Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 180.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: