Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is one of Stephanie O'Dea's slow cooker recipe. Easy and delicious . Good way of using tomatoes that are getting a little mushy.
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and rinsed, chopped
- 5 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, medium, minced
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained, I use more
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas (optional)
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 lb pasta, cooked
- Use a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Put tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, garlic and onion in crockpot.
- Add the Italian seasoning.
- Stir in capers.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Stir in the frozen peas(if using) 20 minutes before serving.
- Toss the sauce with the hot, cooked pasta.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.