Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made this recipe from the fresh vegetable stands in the summer time. It is reminiscent of Mexican/Spanish summers!
- 3 corn husks
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 lemons
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 20 grape tomatoes
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can black beans
- 3 green onions (optional)
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- 1 dash white pepper (optional)
- Soak onion in olive oil until onion is sweet.
- Cut corn off husks into a bowl.
- Chop grape tomatoes, and bunch of cilantro.
- Drizzle some oil from onions on top and set aside.
- Add ground pepper, white pepper, and salt to taste on corn.
- Mix corn and tomato mixture. Mix well.
- Juice both lemons pit the juice. Set aside.
- Chop green onions, and mix with washed and drains black beans (if adding).
- Toss and add to main salad.
- Add Olive oil, onions, and lemon juice.
- Toss well and wait 10 min to serve (for flavors to meld).