Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a heartier type of Miso soup that I came up with after fasting for a couple of weeks. Very filling and nutritious too!
- 3 sheets nori, torn into pieces
- 7 ounces extra firm tofu, diced
- 12 cups water, boiling
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3 green onions or 3 scallions, cut crosswise
- 12 tablespoons instant miso soup mix
- Boil the water in a stock type pot.
- Add the tofu, cleaned mushrooms, scallions and miso.
- Put the heat on low for about 30 minute covered, for this will leave the mushrooms still a little chewy and not completely soft (I like them this way -- cook longer if you want to).
- Place the torn nori into cold water until is fluid like and add to the stock pot (making sure it is not boiling otherwise it will fall apart).
- Waiting 5 - 10 min for the nori to heat up and then serve and enjoy!
- Add more scallions to garnish if you want.
Lovely miso soup. I love it because it's a bit heartier, yet still light. I used all shiitake mushrooms, just because I prefer those in Asian soups. This makes a nice appetizer or just a light meal. Thanx!