1/1 Photo of Sunday's Hearty Miso Soup (Tofu, Seaweed, Mushrooms, Etc.)
This is a heartier type of Miso soup that I came up with after fasting for a couple of weeks. Very filling and nutritious too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the water in a stock type pot.
- 2Add the tofu, cleaned mushrooms, scallions and miso.
- 3Put the heat on low for about 30 minute covered, for this will leave the mushrooms still a little chewy and not completely soft (I like them this way -- cook longer if you want to).
- 4Place the torn nori into cold water until is fluid like and add to the stock pot (making sure it is not boiling otherwise it will fall apart).
- 5Waiting 5 - 10 min for the nori to heat up and then serve and enjoy!
- 6Add more scallions to garnish if you want.
Browse Our Top Japanese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Japanese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunday's Hearty Miso Soup (Tofu, Seaweed, Mushrooms, Etc.)
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.1
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant miso soup mix