Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my off the top of my head Tuna Salad which is GREAT for sandwiches :D I love Deli Tuna Sandwiches and for me this is a little less mayo version of it.
- 3 (510.29 g) can tuna in water
- 59.14 ml red onion
- 28.39 ml celery (optional)
- 24.64 ml fresh dill
- 9.85 ml mixed sprouts (optional)
- 4.92 ml mustard powder
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.78 ml light mayonnaise
- 0.25 ml onion powder
- 0.25 ml mccormick garlic and herb seasoning (optional)
- Take the cans of tuna and place them in a mixing both with water intact, do not drain.
- Chop red onion, celery, dill and sprouts.
- Place red onion, celery, dill and sprouts in tuna and mix with fork until tuna, and the other ingredients reach a paste type consistency.
- Mix in powdered mustard -- be sure all is mixed in evenly.
- Mix in dijon mustard -- be sure all is mixed in evenly.
- Taste -- make sure the ingredients are mixed to your liking -- add extra of dill, red onion, celery, powdered mustard or dijon if desired.
- Add dash of onion powder and McCormick Garlic and Herb powder (or McCormick garlic and dill powder, or plain garlic powder).
- Taste -- if desired put a few more dashes inches.
- Make sure is mixed evenly and put mayonnaise in -- if more is desired -- put more in! Put each teaspoon in separately so not too much or too little is put in -- I am not much of a mayo person so for me less is more :).
- Mix evenly and put on a sandwich with tomato and sprout or even melted with swiss cheese for a tuna melt! You can even toss with lettuce and tomatoes for a great salad!
My husband and I loved this as a tuna melt mix! I just used one can of tuna (for 2 people) and just estimated the rest. I used white onion instead of red, dill weed instead of fresh dill and I didn't have Dijon mustard. It turned out great! We will definitely use this again!!!
My favorite tuna recipe these days and I make it often! I usually leave out the sprouts or place them on the side mainly because I don't usually have them on hand. Love it!!
Very good. I made tuna melts for my husband and I had mine on a bed of lettuce. Thank you for this healthy and flavorful recipe. Very economical too!