Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a combination of some of my favorite flavors that I tried to create after having something similar at a restaurant. Not to brag, but I think mine came out better :) Even my anti-salad boyfriend loved it and now wants to try other salads! Yippee! Note: I usually use a bit more parmesan, basil, tomatoes and lemon but listed below is the way I got my boyfriend to like it!
- 4 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- Mix the parmesan, basil, lemon juice, and olive oil together to create dressing.
- Rinse the tomatoes and the romaine.
- Tear or chop romaine.
- Halve tomatoes.
- Place romaine and tomatoes in a mixing bowl or salad bowl.
- Toss with the dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
Very nice salad, although I used round lettuce instead of romaine as I prefer it. The basil was a lovely addition and the parmesan cheese added excellent flavour to the meal. Thanks for posting! Reviewed for Recipe Swap 2008