Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I am absolutely stunned that I did not find a recipe similar to this on Zaar! This is one of my ALL time favorite sandwiches...it just tastes like...well...GOODNESS! I love this sandwich all year around and it is SOO simple! Enjoy!
- 1 grilled chicken breast
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (just use enough healthy yet even slices of it to cover the chicken breast)
- 1 plum tomato (cut into slices, semi-thin)
- 6 fresh basil leaves (2 chopped, 4 whole)
- 1 piece ciabatta (split in half to make sandwich bread)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Take one piece of Ciabatta bread, and place the grilled chicken on it.
- Arrange the FRESH Mozzarella slices on top of the chicken, enough to cover it.
- Place the sandwich half and other half of Ciabatta (enough to toast for the plain slice, and be sure to choose now if you are using the olive oil, or the dijon and balsamic) in a broiler or toaster oven enough to melt the mozzarella, and make it a little bubbly! If using the olive oil, brush the top Ciabatta piece with enough to cover.
- While waiting for the mozzarella to get bubbly, mix the balsamic vinegar (enough or to your own taste to spread on the other piece of Ciabatta bread) with some of the Dijon Mustard. Be careful, because the Dijon Vinagrette will be to your own tastes. Usually 3 tablespoons of the balsamic to 1 tablespoon Dijon works for me. You can use this or just use extra virgin olive oil on the top piece.
- Take your chicken and Ciabatta out of the broiler or toaster oven.
- Place the whole basil on the mozzarella cheese.
- Place your sliced tomato on top of the whole basil.
- Place the chopped basil on top of the tomato.
- Now, either use the Dijon Vinaigrette on the top slice, or if you used the oil, just top off your sandwich!