Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a recipe I got from my mother-in-law. This roast turns out very moist. I also add potatoes and carrots for a complete meal.
- 1 (5 lb) pork roast
- 1 garlic clove, slice into 5 sections
- 1 (1 ounce) package beef soup mix
- 2 cups warm water
- Rinse pork with cold water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Poke holes, about 5, in pork roast.
- Place garlic in holes.
- Mix dry soup mix with 2 cups warm water.
- Pour over roast.
- Roast covered in oven for three hours.
OUTSTANDING PORK ROAST ~ REALLY GREAT TASTING! This was so easy to prepare! I admit to using 2 large garlic cloves, but then we really love garlic ~ I'd much rather kiss garlic lips than cigarette lips! Thanks, much, for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Gimme 5 Tag Game]
Made this last night with a 3 pound roast (took about 2 hours) - it turned out delicious with carrots, potatoes and fennel roasted along with it...
Simple and delish.....just like my grandmother used to make. The only change I made was to use onion soup mix instead of beef (since that is what grandma used). I made a gravy with with the juice - just added some water & flour.