Sunday Supper Stuffed Pork Chops (Rachael Ray)
- Cover potatoes with water and season with salt. Cover pan to bring potatoes to a quick boil. Boil potatoes until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain potatoes and return them to the hot pot to dry. Set aside. Heat milk, cream cheese and onion over medium heat until cream cheese melts into milk and mixture bubbles. Pour hot milk and cream cheese into the potatoes and mash to desired desired consistency. Add a little extra milk for softer potatoes. Season with salt, to your taste, and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with chopped chives.
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and bacon to the skillet and cook 2 minutes. Add apple, celery and onion and season the mixture with herbs, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium. Cook vegetables 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Crumble corn muffins into the pan and combine stuffing.
- Preheat a large skillet or grill pan over medium high heat. Drizzle chops with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook chops 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Do not over cook. The chops should be firm but still giving off juices.
- In a medium saucepan, place snap peas and broth and 1 tablespoon butter over medium high heat. When the liquid boils, cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Simmer snap peas 3 to 5 minutes, until tender but still green. Remove pan from heat and season snap peas with salt, to taste.
- To assemble stuffed chops, set a thin chop on dinner plate or serving plate. Mound the pork chops with stuffing, allowing some to spill onto the plate, then top with a second chop. Repeat with 3 remaining servings. Pass potatoes and snap peas to complete the meal.