Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Sunday Supper May 31, 2015 at WPCRC in Madison, Wi. MadCity Dale and Sandy Montello will be serving Randi's BBQ on a hot dog bun, MadCity Dale's Baked Beans, broasted potatoes (35#), tossed salad, fruit salad and desserts from "Boomerangs". Also, possibly doing Canadian Bacon/Ham sausages cooked "low and slow"! 3rd attempt of "back up" items from 05/31/2014 Sunday Supper.
- 30 lbs pork shoulder
- 2 (28 ounce) bottlessweet baby ray's barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup madcity dale's cajun seasoning (optional)
- 1 cup water
- Preheat Nesco with water to 300F, cut roast into halfs or thirds to cook quicker.
- Rub BBQ sauce onto all sides and place into covered Nesco for 30 minutes.
- Lower cook temp to 200F for last 2 1/2 hours of cooking. cook until internal temperature of pork is 190F, about 3-3 1/2 hours. If less temperature will shred difficult. Temp above 190F does not harm.
- Remove from Nesco, let rest for 15 minutes and shred in large pan with 2 forks. Add remaining BBQ sauce and optional seasoning to taste.
- In a real hurry, kick the heat up to 425 degrees in an oven unti shreds easy.