Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Serving July 31, 2016, 5th season for the SUNDAY SUPPERS, the entire menu is being listed on the single main entree for each 5th Sunday event. The 3rd free event to be held at the Madison Parks Dept "Can Shelter" at Warner Park, Madison Wi. The supper will also, include Gramma Richter's Potato Salad. PAST HISTORY of BOILS: Door County is located in the northeastern part of Wisconsin, USA and Fish Boils are a tradition in the area dating over a hundred years. Whitefish fish boils are made with the Whitefish native to the area, caught commercially from many of the ports located in Door County. The whitefish are brought fresh each day to the many area restaurants that specialize in nightly Fish Boils. Our new "Soon to be Famous" Sunday Supper North Country Boil begins the 5th Sunday in August Rain or Shine at 4:00pm with our first "Boil Over" and served at 4pm, we continue the cooking process every half an hour until 6pm.
- 10 lbs Italian sausage, cut into 2 inch diagonal pieces
- 10 lbs bacon, ham chunks, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 10 lbs bratwursts, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 6 dozen fresh sweet corn, broken in thirds
- 30 lbs red potatoes, lightly scrubbed
- 75 large carrots, scrubbed cut in half
- 60 small onions, peeled halved
- 2 cups cajun seasoning
- 4 lbs butter, for corn
FOR THE KIDS
- 4 dozen hot dogs
- 4 dozen buns
- 14 ounces ketchup
- 14 ounces yellow mustard
- 14 ounces relish
FOR THE VEGETARIAN
- 1 gallon dried beans, soaked, cooked
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup yellow mustard
- Bring several pots to a rolling boil. About 10 minutes.
- Add sausage, and boil for about 10 minutes. Add bacon and ham chunks, carrots and cook all for 5 minutes. Add potatoes and onions and cook all for 10 more minutes. Fork test all for doneness. Add corn and seasoning and cook 3-5 minutes more. Maintain continuous boil @ 212°F.
- Drain off the water and pour the contents out onto a picnic table covered with newspaper. Grab a paper plate and a beverage and enjoy a Wisconsin Sunday. Maintain serving temperarures @ 135°F.
- Should do about 2-3 "BOILS" to complete cooking sprinkling each boil dump with seasoning.This adds great flavor!
- Drain meat pot. Place meat in large bowl. Sprinkle with seasoning.
- Serve with garden salad, fresh bread, desserts and plenty of napkins and several buckets for corn cobs. Sometimes I use use several SS water containers or melted butter brush for corn, but it isn't a must. They taste great either way!
- Sweet Sun iced tea, coffee, and fruit drinks are typically the beverages for this meal.