Recipe by MadCity Dale
Check out your local restaurant the next morning after it's Prime Rib Special night. Often the last 2" to 4" of the Prime Rib is not served. I got these from Rossario's Italian Restaurant in Madison, Wisconsin. These pieces are delicious and make a wonderful barbecue sandwich. Put them on a brat bun or hoagie bun and enjoy. Served at the Juneteenth Holiday Fest at the Northside Farmers Market. Serve with a side of da ultimate BBQ sauce from the Gullah cookbook.
- 30 lbs cooked prime rib roast
- 1⁄2 cup madcity dale luv seasoning
- 7 cups barbecue sauce
- 15 large onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim overcooked meat and fat from meat. Chop coarsely.
- Chop 12 of the onions, slice thinly the other 3 and set aside.
- Put all into a heavy Dutch Oven.
- Using medium high heat bring up to a low simmer for 50 minutes. Stir well!
- Remove from heat, cover with sliced onion. Garnish liberally with barbecue sauce. Let set for 5-10 minutes and serve a heaping spoonful on each bun.