Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Served on the 5th Friday of November at The River Pantry for 300 folks. Below quanity X 3! Later served, December 9th at the 3rd monthly Community SUNDAY SUPPER at Warner Park Community Recreation Center WPCRC. Adapted from the original receipe #249709 by "Seasoned Cook" of NC.
- 7711.07 g cooked chicken
- 2 (5953.39 g) can tomatoes, diced
- 1.5 (4465.04 g) can tomato sauce
- 17 medium onions, chopped
- 1.5 (4465.04 g) can celery, chopped
- 2129.31 ml white rice, uncooked
- 44.37 ml salt
- 29.58 ml black pepper
- 15140.0 ml turkey stock or 15140.0 ml water
- 2 (5953.39 g) can black-eyed peas, drained
- Cook chicken, brown, drain and shred.
- Place chicken in a large saucepan along with all other ingredients EXCEPT black-eyed peas.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer about 25 minutes until rice is done.
- Add drained black eye peas and cook 15 more minutes.
- Serve with your favorite cornbread. Warmed leftovers are delicious!
- 105 ounce cans=#10 can; 16 cups=1 gallon: 16 ounces=1 pound.