Prep 24 hrs
Cook 48 hrs
Butter,chicken, beef, onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, tomatoes, salt, pepper, parsley, corn, split peas, and navy beans, giant wood fire, 50 gallon stock pot, all thrown into pot and cooked until tender for 225 folks at the 5th Sundays Supper at Warner park Community Recreation Center in Madison, Wi.
- 1 lb butter
- 25 lbs pork, shredded and browned
- 5 lbs beef, cubed and browned
- 5 lbs onions, browned with meat
- 5 lbs celery, diced
- 5 lbs carrots, diced
- 30 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 lbs shredded cabbage
- 5 lbs fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup salt
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 lbs dried navy beans, soaked overnight (Optional-5 equivalent of fresh cooked corn )
- 2 lbs dried red kidney beans, soaked soaked overnight
- Start 2 or 3 days before to make the stock.
- add everything and 5 bubbles simmer until serving time.