Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Easy and wildly delicious.
Top Review by nemokitty
I've made this a couple of times since finding the recipe a couple of years ago. Just this last weekend, I made it for company and was asked for the recipe. It is very flavorful with the pork and croutons. Goes great with cut up fruit. Thanks for posting this one. Will make again and again.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 (6 ounce) packageonion and garlic-flavored croutons
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 dozen egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown sausage; drain.
- In a greased 13x9 inch baking dish, layer the croutons, sausage, and cheese.
- Combine eggs and milk; mix well.
- Pour over cheese; sprinkle with basil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve immediately.