1/1 Photo of Sunday Salmon Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
Aunt Cookie's Note:
Another good recipe from "Sundays at Moosewood." Creamy and salty and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the potato slices for 5 minutes (they will not be fully cooked). Drain and set aside.
- 2Saute the onions in the butter until translucent. Add the lox and dill, sauteing for a few more minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Sprinkle the salmon steak with lemon juice and steam it for 5-8 minutes. It should flake easily.
- 4Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 5Skin and bone the salmon and break into chunks. Stir fresh salmon and lox mixture in a large bowl.
- 6Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking dish, and cover the bottom of the pan with the potatoes.
- 7Layer the cream cheese cubes on top of the potatoes, then layer on the salmon mixture.
- 8Mix together the eggs and milk with salt and pepper and pour it on top of the other ingredients.
- 9Dust the top with paprika.
- 10Bake until firm and golden, about 40 minutes. Cut in squares and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunday Salmon Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.1
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 216.1 mg
- Sodium 593.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 22.2 g