Recipe by Charlotte J
This came from a subscription advertisement for Quick Cooking or one of those magazines.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.
- In a skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon 1 cup sauce over roast.
- Bake 45-55 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve with the remaining sauce.