2 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Make this in the morning and enjoy the rest of the day. Sunday was family night and every one was expected to be there unless they had a doctors note. No one ever missed the nights this was on the menu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 4 slices each
- 1Grease a 1 1/2 qt casserole.
- 2Lightly butter 4 bread slices and place buttered side down in a single layer, trimming to fit if necessary.
- 3Butter the remaining 8 slices, slice in half diagonally, put 2 halves, buttered sides together, to form a sandwich.
- 4Stand sandwiches, point side up, in a spoke fashion, over the bottom layer.
- 5Between each 2 sandwiches, stand a tomato slice against the side of the casserole.
- 6Whisk the remaining ingredients together until well combined.
- 7Slowly pour the mixture to cover all bread surfaces.
- 8Refrigerate 1 hour or more.
- 9Bake in a preheated oven- 325 F- for 1 hour or until mixture feels firm when dish is shaken gently.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunday Night Supper
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.6
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 202.1 mg
- Sodium 1087.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 20.6 g