Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have put this together the way we enjoy our sloppy joes. A family favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 hamburger buns, spilt and toasted
- In a large skillet cook meat and onions until meat is brown. Drain off fat. Stir in stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce, chili powder, worcestershire sauce,catsup,garlic, salt and brown sugar.Bring to boiling, simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes or so. Serve with the loasted spilt buns.
- Add a salad, and you are all set for dinner.