Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Fluffy buttermilk pancakes....
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs (large)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- Combine 1st 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- whisk together buttermilk and eggs.
- gradually stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture.
- Gently stir in butter.
- (Batter will be lumpy).
- Pour 1/4 Celsius batter mix onto hot butered griddle.
- cook pancakes 3-4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look crispy.
- Turn and cook 304 minutes or until golden brown.
- place pancakes in a single layer on a baking sheet and keep warm in a 200 degree oven up to 30 minutes.
These are delicious melt-in-your-mouth pancakes. My kids enjoyed them a lot. I made it exactly as written in the recipe instructions, and it was plenty for 5 of us to have two pancakes each, and I should mention that I used closer to about 1/2 cup of batter per pancake (not 1/4 cup as the recipe directs). This will be my regular pancake recipe for now on. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Miss V. Made for Spring 2013 Pick-A-Chef.