Recipe by Sue Lau
These are sooo moist! Great for breakfast or brunch, and even packing in lunches.
Top Review by NancyLeeIL
Very versatile and good recipe. They are moist without being dense (like lead moist) as some "carrot cake" like recipes can be. I think this recipe would also make a wonderful 13x9 "snack" cake too. I was left with a half a can of crushed pineapple so I drained it very well and added it to 4oz of cream cheese, a half a stick of butter and about 3 TBL of confectioner sugar to make a butter to go along with the muffins. Very good.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml grated carrots (or zucchini)
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 118.29 ml crushed pineapple, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Oil or grease 2 12-cup muffin tins.
- Mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and oil, stirring until just moistened.
- Mix in the carrots, pecans and pineapple, stirring until blended.
- Pour batter into muffin tins and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick can be removed clean from a muffin.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then finish cooling on a wire rack.