Recipe by ROBIN PENA
We had these potatoes every single Sunday morning of my life and I still love them! I used to put lots of ketchup on them as a child, but now I am grown up (so I only put a little ketchup on them) HA!
Top Review by Braunda
We had these this morning. Everyone enjoyed the very much. I used bacon drippings. I also cooked the onions till they were just browned. Timing was good flavors blended just right.Fried Eggs and Fruit rounded off this breakfast just wonderfully. Thank You for a easy fast breakfast for a housefull of hungry people.
- 4 potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-stick skillet (so all the spices don't stick to the bottom) melt the butter and add the onions.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, then add raw potatoes chopped to about 1/4 to 1/2-inch dice.
- Add all of the spices and garlic.
- Continue to cook on medium heat until the potatoes are cooked through (about 15 minutes). Be sure to taste for salt because these potatoes need more salt than you might think.
- Serve on the side of a fried egg breakfast.