Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We had these potatoes every single Sunday morning of my life and I still love them! I used to put lots of ketchup on them as a child, but now I am grown up (so I only put a little ketchup on them) HA!
- In a large non-stick skillet (so all the spices don't stick to the bottom) melt the butter and add the onions.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, then add raw potatoes chopped to about 1/4 to 1/2-inch dice.
- Add all of the spices and garlic.
- Continue to cook on medium heat until the potatoes are cooked through (about 15 minutes). Be sure to taste for salt because these potatoes need more salt than you might think.
- Serve on the side of a fried egg breakfast.
We had these this morning. Everyone enjoyed the very much. I used bacon drippings. I also cooked the onions till they were just browned. Timing was good flavors blended just right.Fried Eggs and Fruit rounded off this breakfast just wonderfully. Thank You for a easy fast breakfast for a housefull of hungry people.
Easy recipe, Nice blend of flavors. Enjoyed by all. I fried them on medium heat and did the onions until they were almost browned. Just took 15 minutes. Easy to follow instructions except for the temperature. Thanks Robin we'll be having these fequently for Sunday Brunch
I made these but forgot the cayenne, and they were still delicious. My potatoes, however, didn't get crispy. I wonder if I didn't cut them small enough, or cook them on high enough heat?