My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 2 1/2 to 3 quart baking dish with butter, oil, or cooking spray.
- 2Cube the bread and place in the dish in a single even layer.
- 3In a large skillet, cook the sausage, breaking it up with a spoon, until it is almost cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 4Drain off the fat.
- 5Layer the sausage over the bread, and top with the potatoes; sprinkle the cheese on top.
- 6In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard powder, salt, and black pepper to taste.
- 7Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and potatoes in the casserole.
- 8Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 9When ready to cook the casserole, preheat the oven to 350°.
- 10Bake the casserole until set and golden, about 30 minutes.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunday Morning Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.2
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 275.7 mg
- Sodium 1188.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 30.5 g