Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I received this recipe from my aunt. My mom requests this every Sunday with buttered beans. It's great with hot mashed potatoes & gravy and some mac and cheese.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- In a large bowl combine your ground beef, onion and bell pepper.
- Mix in your egg, bread crumbs, mustard, sugar, ketchup, milk, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Spread ketchup over meatloaf.
- Bake at 400 for 45-60 minutes.