Top Review by breezermom
This was very good! I used frozen meatballs as listed in the recipe, but I think this would be soooo much better with homemade meatballs. The sauce is sweet with a little bit of "hot". It's not as sweet as the meatballs in jelly sauce, and not like a barbecue or italian sauce either...its unique! Thanks for sharing!
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups bloody mary mix (I like Major Peters for this recipe because its thicker than clamato juice)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (more if you like spicy)
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 2 -3 lbs frozen meatballs
- Place frozen meatballs in crock-pot.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring remaining ingredients to a boil until sugar has dissolved. Pour mixture over meatballs and give a quick stir to coat meatballs.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 6-8 hours.