1/1 Photo of Sunday (Game Day : ) Roast Beef Dinner
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My husband begs for this in the fall and winter. The whole family loves the smell of this cooking while watching Sunday Football games :) Versatile as far as the veggies go...Leave the potatoes out and make some mashed potatoes on the side...great with the rich brown gravy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1587.57 g boneless bottom round roast or 1587.57 g rump roast
- 4-6 medium potatoes, unpeeled and quartered
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into eighths
- 2-4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks or 226.79 g baby carrots
- dried garlic
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 packet beef gravy mix or browning sauce (gravy master or kitchen bouquet)
- flour (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Place roast in large roasting pan or baking dish.
- 3Arrange vegetables around roast.
- 4Sprinkle meat and vegetables generously with basil, dried garlic, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 5Place in oven and allow to cook for about 15 minutes.
- 6Add water to pan about 1/2 inch to an inch up.
- 7About every 20 minutes or when water is diminishing and turning darker, add a little more water so it doesn't steam away completely.
- 8You can pour this over the roast if if is getting too dry on top.
- 9Allow to cook 20-30 minutes per pound or until your desired doneness and when veggies are tender.
- 10Remove roast to carving platter and remove veggies with a slotted spoon to their own serving dish.
- 11To make gravy, either prepare gravy mix as directed on package but use liquid from pan as substition for all of some of the water indicated.
- 12OR, in a sauce pan, whisk together 1/4 cup of pan drippings and 1/4 cup flour until smooth.
- 13Heat over low heat until mixture starts to bubble.
- 14Add 2 cups of water or a combination of water/dripping adding to 2 cups very slowly to flour mixture.
- 15Simmer 5 minutes, remove from heat and add 1 tsp.
- 16(or more) of Gravy Master.
- 17Stir in some salt and pepper to taste and serve with sliced beef.
- 18Slice beef after it has sat for about 15 minutes to retain juices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunday (Game Day : ) Roast Beef Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1280.0
- Calories from Fat 513
- Total Fat 57.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 187.5 mg
- Sodium 7815.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 69.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef gravy mix