1/1 Photo of Sunday Dinner Roast Chicken
2 hrs 10 mins
Dans La Lune's Note:
Delicious and moist, this chicken makes a beautiful centerpiece on any dinner table, and is incredibly easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Clean chicken cavity and rinse thoroughly.
- 3Place in a large roasting pan.
- 4Place half of chopped onion inside the of the chicken, and other half around chicken as a bed.
- 5Add chopped potatoes to the bed around the chicken.
- 6Drizzle olive oil over chicken and vegetables.
- 7Season entire dish with rosemary, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- 8Rub herbs into the chicken, evenly coating and pushing some of it under the skin on the breast.
- 9Bake chicken for approximately 2 hours.
- 10Rub butter over skin of chicken and bake another few minutes or until chicken is done (perhaps another 1/2 hour).
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunday Dinner Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (664 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1051.2
- Calories from Fat 591
- Total Fat 65.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 254.6 mg
- Sodium 303.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 64.4 g