Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe makes a great gravy when it is finished.
Make and share this Sunday Dinner Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (5 -6 lb) rump roast
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups beef stock or 3 cups instant beef bouillon
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 large potatoes, quartered
- 8 carrots, peeled & cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- Coat beef on all sides with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat, then brown the roast on all sides.
- When the beef is browned, add the bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, soy sauce, wine, and tomato paste.
- Lay sliced onions on top of meat.
- Cover and bake in 275 degree oven for 6-8 hours.
- When meat is tender, add the potatoes and carrots and bake for one more hour or until vegetables are done.