Prep 40 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a great dish to make for large family or church gatherings. There's very little prep time (other than cleaning the chicken) and it's very tasty.
- 16 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups uncooked brown rice
- 4 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream soup (Any mixture of cream of chicken, celery, or mushroom. Or use 4 cups homemade cream sauce.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (I use the empty soup can and measure 1 1/3 cans)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- In large roaster pan, mix rice, soups and water.
- Lay chicken breasts over rice.
- Sprinkle with onion soup, paprika and parsley.
- Cover and bake at 300F degrees for 3 hours.
I scaled this down to 4 servings and it was great. I used 98% ff cream of mushroom soup and Miller's homemade dry onion soup mix. Great recipe!!