Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I put this in the oven, and it's ready to eat when we come home from church.
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- salt and pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces milk (fill empty soup can to measure)
- Grease a 2-3 quart casserole dish.
- Spread rice on bottom.
- Add chicken; salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix over chicken.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup with milk.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake at 325°F for 2 hours.
Very, Very Good! Assembled the recipe early, threw in the fridge, and pulled it out and put in oven 2 hours before dinner. The aroma was wonderful for 2 hours! My rice was starting to get a little crispy, but that was my fault. I had the rack a little too low. Chicken was fall off the bone and skin was nice and crisp. Another recipe to make regularly!
Soooo quick and easy! This was very good. I had onion and garlic soup mix, so that's what I used, and it was great. Used Basmati rice, and threw in a little green onion.Thanks Inez for a good, fast and easy dinner. DH asked what we were having for dinner, when I answered Sunday Dinner Chicken, he looked rather puzzled...But it's monday! LOL.
Excellent flavor. Easy to make, my only problem was the rice and gravy mixture needed to probably be doubled. Definetly a keeper