Recipe by Kree
This is a meal-in-one casserole with pork chops, apple slices, and stuffing. It's from the latest issue of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine.
Top Review by Barb G.
Very good, Made these for company they really enjoyed then, Though next time I belive I will use a thiner Pork chop the ones I used was about 1 inch thick with no bone. The apples with the brown sugar and pumkin pie spice was delicious as was the dressing. Thank you Kree for the recipe.
- 2 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 7 tablespoons butter or 7 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 6 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 6 pork loin chops with bone (3/4-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the water, celery, 6 Tbsp butter, and onion; bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in croutons.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; arrange over stuffing.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine the apples, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice; spoon over pork chops.
- Dot with the remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and meat juices run clear.