Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a meal-in-one casserole with pork chops, apple slices, and stuffing. It's from the latest issue of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine.
- 2 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 7 tablespoons butter or 7 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 6 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 6 pork loin chops with bone (3/4-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a saucepan, combine the water, celery, 6 Tbsp butter, and onion; bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in croutons.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; arrange over stuffing.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine the apples, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice; spoon over pork chops.
- Dot with the remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and meat juices run clear.
Very good, Made these for company they really enjoyed then, Though next time I belive I will use a thiner Pork chop the ones I used was about 1 inch thick with no bone. The apples with the brown sugar and pumkin pie spice was delicious as was the dressing. Thank you Kree for the recipe.