This is a meal-in-one casserole with pork chops, apple slices, and stuffing. It's from the latest issue of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 7 tablespoons butter or 7 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 6 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 6 pork loin chops with bone (3/4-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1In a saucepan, combine the water, celery, 6 Tbsp butter, and onion; bring to a boil.
- 2Remove from the heat; stir in croutons.
- 3Spoon into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- 4In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; arrange over stuffing.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6Combine the apples, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice; spoon over pork chops.
- 7Dot with the remaining butter.
- 8Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and meat juices run clear.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunday Chops and Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.6
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 99.6 mg
- Sodium 276.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb-seasoned stuffing cubes