Prep 0 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is yet another find from the TOH Slow Cooker Edition. We had this tonight and it was great. The chicken just fell right off the bone.
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 2 in. pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, cut into 2 in. pieces
- 473.18 ml fresh green beans (2 in. pieces)
- 5 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 broiler (3 to 3 1/2lbs.) or 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up (3 to 3 1/2lbs.)
- 4 slice bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 354.88 ml hot water
- 9.85 ml chicken bouillon granules
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 0.25 ml pepper
- In a 5qt. slow cooker, layer the first seven ingredients in order listed. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, pour over the top. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and vegetables. Thicken juices for gravy if desired.
My husband especially enjoyed this recipe! The only thing that I changed was instead of making a pure gravy, I made a packet of brown gravy and then added cornstarch and the drippings fromthe crock pot. Yum!