Recipe by swtbamamamaof2
This is yet another find from the TOH Slow Cooker Edition. We had this tonight and it was great. The chicken just fell right off the bone.
Top Review by Chef tonibbidaho
My husband especially enjoyed this recipe! The only thing that I changed was instead of making a pure gravy, I made a packet of brown gravy and then added cornstarch and the drippings fromthe crock pot. Yum!
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 2 in. pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, cut into 2 in. pieces
- 2 cups fresh green beans (2 in. pieces)
- 5 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 broiler (3 to 3 1/2lbs.) or 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up (3 to 3 1/2lbs.)
- 4 slices bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5qt. slow cooker, layer the first seven ingredients in order listed. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, pour over the top. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken and vegetables. Thicken juices for gravy if desired.