Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
We really like this. It's one of my husband's favorite meals. Comfort food all the way! Yummy!
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt (kosher works best here)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) packageuncle ben's flavorful rice parmesan & butter
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- While the rice cooks, dissolve the tablespoon of salt in the 3 cups of water in a bowl large enough to hold the chicken.
- Wash the chicken breasts, fillet them in half to make them thinner and soak them in the bowl of salt water for about 15 minutes. After soaking, pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat and cook the chicken turning once until both sides appear to be cooked, about 5 minutes each side. When done, remove from pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 now.
- Stir in flour and sour cream, whisking to remove any lumps. Stir in the 3/4 cup water and bouillon cube, mixing well to combine (I usually dissolve the cube in the water before I add these). Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring until sauce thickens, about 8 minutes.
- Spread the cooked rice in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish, lay the chicken on top, pour the mushroom sauce over the top and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over top. Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Bake 30 minutes. Yum!
Good stuff! I followed a lot of what TeresaS did - skipped steps 2 & 3 to decrease sodium, used the light sour cream and the long grain and wild rice box. Lovely! Thanks for sharing!
Yum! We love it! This is a quick and easy version of my Pheasant With Wild Rice. With that said this is what I did. I tried to stay true to the recipe but did use pheasant breast instead of chicken. I omitted steps 2 and 3 to decease the sodium amount. I used light sour cream and because I could not locate the correct rice mixture I used what I had on hand which was a long grain & wild rice with herb and butter so I threw in some shredded Parmesan. Oh I also cut it in half for 2 and cooked it in an 8X8 baking dish. The only other thing I should mention is "don't be put off by the fat in this dish", zaar is computing the uncle Ben rice as just pure butter. Did I say this is yummy? Thanks for posting. :)
Good and very simple to make. I used butter cooking spary to brown the chicken, then added about 2 tbls of butter when making the sauce. Used light sour cream and that worked well. I thought I had some mozzarella but didn't so used parmesan instead and that worked great. I also skipped Steps 2 and 3. Seasoned the chicken with a little Lemon Pepper Seasoning. Served this with a salad and fresh baked French bread. Made for a nice meal. Thanks. :)