1/3 Photos of Sunday Chicken Casserole
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
We really like this. It's one of my husband's favorite meals. Comfort food all the way! Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt (kosher works best here)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) package uncle ben's flavorful rice parmesan & butter
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- 2While the rice cooks, dissolve the tablespoon of salt in the 3 cups of water in a bowl large enough to hold the chicken.
- 3Wash the chicken breasts, fillet them in half to make them thinner and soak them in the bowl of salt water for about 15 minutes. After soaking, pat them dry with a paper towel.
- 4In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat and cook the chicken turning once until both sides appear to be cooked, about 5 minutes each side. When done, remove from pan and set aside.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 now.
- 6Stir in flour and sour cream, whisking to remove any lumps. Stir in the 3/4 cup water and bouillon cube, mixing well to combine (I usually dissolve the cube in the water before I add these). Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring until sauce thickens, about 8 minutes.
- 7Spread the cooked rice in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish, lay the chicken on top, pour the mushroom sauce over the top and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over top. Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- 8Bake 30 minutes. Yum!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunday Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 895.8
- Calories from Fat 735
- Total Fat 81.7 g
- Saturated Fat 46.7 g
- Cholesterol 269.5 mg
- Sodium 2520.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 36.6 g