Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from the Chocolate Biscuit Tearoom Cookbook. It's good comfort food and very easy and quick to throw together.
- Saute onions and celery in butter.
- Mix together the broth and soups. Heat and pour over cornbread.
- Add onions and celery and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour 1/2 dressing mixture in 3-quart casserole dish.
- Top with chopped chicken.
- Pour on rest of dressing.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
Once again, this is my review of a recipe not quite followed. :-) First of all, I thought I was opening a container of chicken broth - it was BEEF broth! But I did use Cream of Chicken soup (just one can as I was cutting recipe in half) and it was good! Then I used Stove Top and added some chopped up onion. I made the stuffing a little more 'wet' than I would usually, put it all together and baked for 1 hour. Got high reviews from both dh and dd. Served with broccoli and cheese sauce. Yum!
This reminds me of something my mom used to make for me...oh so good!!! She would put it over mashed potatoes with biscuits on the side to sop up extra 'juice'. So good!