Recipe by mailbelle
This is from the Chocolate Biscuit Tearoom Cookbook. It's good comfort food and very easy and quick to throw together.
Top Review by TransplantedHusker
Once again, this is my review of a recipe not quite followed. :-) First of all, I thought I was opening a container of chicken broth - it was BEEF broth! But I did use Cream of Chicken soup (just one can as I was cutting recipe in half) and it was good! Then I used Stove Top and added some chopped up onion. I made the stuffing a little more 'wet' than I would usually, put it all together and baked for 1 hour. Got high reviews from both dh and dd. Served with broccoli and cheese sauce. Yum!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken and rice soup
- 4 cups cornbread, crumbled up
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and celery in butter.
- Mix together the broth and soups. Heat and pour over cornbread.
- Add onions and celery and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour 1/2 dressing mixture in 3-quart casserole dish.
- Top with chopped chicken.
- Pour on rest of dressing.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.