Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe out of an old church cookbook when I was young. It's simple, and I loved to cook it for my family then as much as I do now. It's a real crowd pleaser! And, regardless of its name, it's perfect any day of the week!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell's cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (half and half will work if you don't have cream)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (more if you like some heat!)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a covered baking dish, combine all ingredients except for chicken. Stir well.
- Place chicken in dish. Spoon some of the soup mixture over chicken breasts. Cover.
- Bake on 400 degrees for about 45 minutes or until tender.
This was very good and easy to make!! The only vhange I made was use tenders and b/s thighs instead of the breasts. The chicken was tender and juice and the sauce was creamy and flavorful. Had it mixed up and in the oven in 5 minutes or so and it was done in 45 minutes as the recipe states. Will make again; probable will try a "Sunday" dinner with mashed potatoes and homemade bread since this made a lot of sauce.