You can use Italian sausages in place of the pork breakfast sausages, all amounts can be adjusted to taste. The jalapeno peppers are only optional I like to add them in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1/2-3/4 lb pork sausage (casings removed)
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped (or use yellow onion)
- 1/4 cup canned green chili (can use more)
- 7 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (or use 18% table cream)
- salt and black pepper
- 6 slices American cheese (sliced in half)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas (warmed)
- 6 tablespoons picante sauce (can use more)
- 1Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in a 200 degree oven while preparing the sausage/egg mixture.
- 2Melt butter in the skillet; add in sausage with jalapeno peppers (if using) cook over medium heat until the meat is browned, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon while cooking.
- 3Add/stir in green onions and green chilies; heat through.
- 4In a bowl whisk together the eggs with cream, then season with salt and black pepper; pour over the sausages in the skillet; cover with a lid and cook until eggs are set (no need to stir and do not overcook the eggs!).
- 5For each tortilla; place a half slice of cheese in the center of the warmed tortilla, then spoon about 1/3 cup of the sausage/egg mixture over the cheese.
- 6Drizzle about 1 tablespoon picante sauce then top with the remaining half of the slice of cheese.
- 7Repeat with the remaining burritos (if desired you can keep the burritos warm in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunday Brunch Mexi Sausage and Egg Burrito
Serving Size: 1 (1242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.5
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 294.4 mg
- Sodium 982.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 22.4 g