Recipe by Lisa in Acworth, GA
This is a really tasty easy recipe for brunch. Can be made the night before and refrigerated also. Even my very picky stepfather gave it 2 thumbs up! (Trust me, that's an accomplishment!)
Top Review by Swan Valley Tammi
This is one of my favourite brunches to serve weekend overnight guests. If I don't have room in my fridge for the entire 9x13 pan to sit overnight, I just get everything ready in the evening so that all I have to do the next morning is throw it together and bake it.
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed in fridge
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Crumble and set aside.
- In the drippings, saute onion and green pepper until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- Beat eggs and milk in a large bowl.
- Stir in hash browns, cheese, salt, pepper, dill, onion, green pepper and bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.