Recipe by Chef Florida Janie
I have such fond memories of helping my mother make this as a child. Then watching as she carefully took it out of the oven. As it cooled slightly, she would offer me a "spider" which meant in her loving term as a very small portion of the meat to taste like a chef would taste before serving. One spider was never enough! Enjoy!
- 3 -5 lbs fresh beef brisket
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packetliptons dry onion soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Wishbone Italian dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line a roasting pan with foil, use enough foil to be able to cover the meat completely and tightly so that no juice can drip out.
- Trim excessive fat off the brisket. Lay the fresh piece of brisket on the foil.
- Sprinkle one entire packet of onion soup mix on the brisket.
- Shake the italian dressing well, then pour the entire bottle all over the brisket. Its ok if you do not cover all of the onion soup mix.
- Roll up the foil around the brisket so that it is air tight and so the juices will not leak into the pan.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack and let cook for approximately 2 1/2 hours.
- Open foil carefully as lots of steam will emerse.
- Let brisket cool slightly, then remove from pan. slice thin long strips of the brisket and set into serving dish. Pour the juice over the brisket and serve.