Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This has a make ahead step that makes it easy to fix for company.
- 2 lbs breasts of veal, cut in 4 inch squares
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 lb noodles, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- THE DAY BEFORE:.
- Put veal, water, onion, celery, and salt in a large pan and cook until meat is tender-- about 1 1/2- 2 hours.
- Cool until you can handle the meat.
- Then slip out oanes and cut in about 2 inch pieces.
- Put back in the broth and refrigerate until you are ready to use it (up to a couple of days).
- ONE HALF HOUR BEFORE:.
- Take 4 cups broth (add water if needed).
- Put in large pan and add salt and pepper, worcestershire,& mustard.
- Bring to boil& add noodles.
- Cook til tender (15-20 min).
- DO NOT DRAIN.
- Meanwhile, dredge meat in flour& brown well in any hot fat in large frying pan.
- When noodles are tender, add cream to them and toss.
- Heat to boiling.
- Arrange browned meat on platter; pour noodles and sauce over it.
- DO NOT MIX.