Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Cook up a prize winner!This succulent pot roast was judged"Best Entry" in the Reynolds Wrap Kitchens recipe contest in 1981....
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs beef chuck or 3 1⁄2-4 lbs arm blade roast or 3 1⁄2-4 lbs cross-rib roasts
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 small potatoes, halved
- 8 carrots, quartered
- Heat oil in dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add beef,brown on all sides.
- Remove roast amd place in aluminuim foil.
- Saute onion,green pepper and garlic in dutch oven.
- Add tomato sauce and water stir to blend.
- Return beef to the dutch oven.
- Add mushrooms,salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low,cover,simmer 2 hours.
- Add veggies,cover and continue cooking 30 minutes or until tender. Cooking time is 2hrs.30.minutes.
I have never been a fan of pot roasts, but this was great. Very simple recipe with all the ingredients on hand. Cooked it in my electric frying pan. Super recipe, Potluck, thank you.
A wonderful meal we had! I used an eye of round roast, 3 cloves of garlic, doubled the mushrooms for DH, used red potatoes, and mini carrots. The tomato sauce adds a little zip to this recipe. We really enjoyed this!!